Iprenburg Spine Clinic – Unique Treatment For The Removal Of Herniated Discs
Iprenburg Spine Clinic is an independent treatment centre. We specialise in performing a unique and innovative surgical technique to remove spinal hernias and foraminal stenoses more effectively and faster. We do this by using a unique endoscopic procedure known as PTED (Percutaneous Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy). Iprenburg Spine Clinic is the only clinic in The Netherlands that has experience using this technique.
When you visit us Iprenburg Spine Clinic you will find a dedicated and experienced medical team at your disposal, and you will be treated in a comfortable environment. Surgery takes place on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia. In the majority of cases, our patients are able to go home pain free within two hours of having surgery.
You will be assisted by a specialised team before, during, and after surgery. This experienced team consists of an anesthetist, nurse anesthetists, theatre assistants, and radiographers.
At our spinal clinic we keep the number of procedures low so that we can work quickly and efficiently. After working at a general hospital for 27 years and treating over 20,000 patients, orthopedic surgeon Dr. Iprenburg has decided to focus his work on delivering even better patient care.
Outpatient Endoscopic Disc Surgery
At the Iprenburg Spinal Clinic we perform the following procedures:
- Endoscopic removal of herniated discs in the lumbar spine.
- Treatment of stenoses or foraminal narrowing (the constriction of the nerve tunnel within the spinal canal), usually in combination with a spinal hernia.
- Treatment of stenoses or foraminal narrowing in the spinal canal, usually in combination with a bulging intervertebral disc, facet joint osteoarthritis, thickening of the joint capsule, or a combination of these conditions.
Why is Iprenburg Spine Clinic the best choice?
- We are the only clinic in The Netherlands specialising in endoscopic spinal hernia surgery.
- We devote as much as time and personal attention as necessary to all our patients and their relatives.
- We are a small team of dedicated professionals offering multiple services.
- Patient care is delivered by an experienced team of specialists and staff members.
- Initial consultation takes an average of 30 to 45 minutes.
- A pleasant and comfortable atmosphere in a modern clinic equipped to the highest standards and with the latest equipment.
- Consultations can be arranged at short notice.
- Fast treatment and / or surgery are always available.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Endoscopic Disc Surgery At Iprenburg Spine Clinic?
- Fast recovery is the norm. Usually, you regain mobility and are pain free two hours after surgery, and are able to go home only a few hours after the procedure.
- The surgical incision is only 8mm long, so there is little to no scarring.
- We perform endoscopic disc surgery under local anesthesia. Additional pain relief (such as analgesics and sedatives) is also available.
- The procedure is particularly suitable for patients who have already had spinal hernia surgery hernia.
- We can also treat narrowing of the foramen (foraminal stenosis) and narrowing of the spinal canal (spinal stenosis) with our endoscopic surgical technique.
- The procedure can also be performed on heavy patients.
- The risk of complications is minimal..
Please call us or fill our contact form if you have questions or would like to make an appointment.
Click here for free treatment advise